The appendices envrionment and title in toc
seasoul
2011-04-17 10:57:00 UTC
I want to include appendices part in MKIV. The appendices should prefixed by
Appendix, like Appendix A, Appendix B.

I use
\setuplabeltext [appendix=Appendix ]
\startappendices

\component chapters/appen-01

\stopappendices

appen-01.tex is the appendix file. The appendix part tile is correct, but in
the toc, the title is something like Chapter A.

How to solve this problem?
Wolfgang Schuster
2011-04-18 14:04:24 UTC
I want to include appendices part in MKIV. The appendices should prefixed by Appendix, like Appendix A, Appendix B.
I use
\setuplabeltext [appendix=Appendix ]
\startappendices
\component chapters/appen-01
\stopappendices
appen-01.tex is the appendix file. The appendix part tile is correct, but in the toc, the title is something like Chapter A.
How to solve this problem?
It has to be fixed by Hans. ConTeXt looks only for the label of the current heading (e.g. chapter) and not for the label which is set for a certain sectionblock (e.g. “chapter” for the bodypart and “appendix” for the appendices).

I wrote a minimal which can be used to see the problem and to test for the correct result once the thing is resolved.

\setuplabeltext [chapter=Chapter ]
\setuplabeltext[appendix=Appendix ]

\setuplist[chapter][label=yes,width=5em]

\starttext

\startfrontmatter
\completecontent
\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter
\chapter{Bodypart}
\stopbodymatter

\startappendices
\chapter{Appendix}
\stopappendices

\stoptext

Wolfgang

seasoul
2011-04-20 09:10:20 UTC
Oh, thanks.

But is there a by-pass to solve it? A thesis without any appenix seems not
that complete.

Post by seasoul
[...]
Yours Sincerely
seasoul
Wolfgang Schuster
2011-04-20 13:55:31 UTC
Post by seasoul
Oh, thanks.
But is there a by-pass to solve it? A thesis without any appenix seems not that complete.
Define a \appendix command.

\setuplabeltext [chapter=Chapter ]
\setuplabeltext[appendix=Appendix ]

\definehead[appendix][chapter]

\setuphead[appendix][appendixlabel=appendix]

\setuplist[chapter,appendix][label=yes,width=6em]

\starttext

\startfrontmatter
\title{Contents}
\placelist[chapter,appendix,section,subsection]
\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter
\chapter{Bodypart}
\stopbodymatter

\startappendices
\appendix{Appendix}
\stopappendices

\stoptext

Wolfgang

Pontus Lurcock
2011-04-21 04:19:31 UTC
Post by Wolfgang Schuster
Post by seasoul
Oh, thanks.
But is there a by-pass to solve it? A thesis without any appenix seems not that complete.
Define a \appendix command.
Thank you. One pleasant thing about this list is that many of my
questions are answered before I get round to asking them.

Pont
Reviczky, Adam
2011-04-21 05:02:50 UTC
[...]
Why does this not work with
\mainlanguage[uk]

How can I force this to be shown?

Adam
Pontus Lurcock
2011-04-21 07:12:38 UTC
Post by Reviczky, Adam
Why does this not work with
\mainlanguage[uk]
Hmm, good point. It seems to work with several \mainlanguage settings
I've tried: en, fr, nl, sv, fi, cs, ru, de. But it fails for uk and
en-gb.

Pont
Pontus Lurcock
2011-04-21 22:12:11 UTC
Post by Pontus Lurcock
Post by Reviczky, Adam
Why does this not work with
\mainlanguage[uk]
Hmm, good point. It seems to work with several \mainlanguage settings
I've tried: en, fr, nl, sv, fi, cs, ru, de. But it fails for uk and
en-gb.
I think I've got somewhere with this: Wolfgang's workaround seems to
fail when used with a language that has a ‘default’ parameter in the
\installlanguage command (see lang-def.mkiv). So en and de are fine,
but en-us, en-gb, de-at, de-ch etc. fail. My workaround was simply
to define a custom language from scratch without using ‘default’:

\installlanguage
[mylang]
[spacing=broad,
leftsentence=---,
rightsentence=---,
leftsubsentence=---,
rightsubsentence=---,
leftquote=\upperleftsinglesixquote,
rightquote=\upperrightsingleninequote,
leftquotation=\upperleftdoublesixquote,
rightquotation=\upperrightdoubleninequote,
date={day,\ ,month,\ ,year},
patterns=gb,
lefthyphenmin=3,
righthyphenmin=3]

\mainlanguage[mylang]

Wolfgang Schuster
2011-04-22 05:24:53 UTC
Post by Reviczky, Adam
Why does this not work with
\mainlanguage[uk]
How can I force this to be shown?
Set the labels with the “en” tag:

\setuplabeltext[en] [chapter=Chapter ]
\setuplabeltext[en][appendix=Appendix ]

Wolfgang
Reviczky, Adam
2011-04-22 06:54:03 UTC
Post by Wolfgang Schuster
\setuplabeltext[en] [chapter=Chapter ]
\setuplabeltext[en][appendix=Appendix ]
Excellent, thanks.

My last question about labels:
If I don't use setuplist, then I have labels in the document and no labels in the toc.
How can I achieve the opposite, means labels in the toc (like: Chapter 1, Appendix A, ...) but only the numbers in the document (like: 1 Chaptertitle, A Appendixtitle, ...)

Adam
Wolfgang Schuster
2011-04-22 13:56:35 UTC
Post by Reviczky, Adam
If I don't use setuplist, then I have labels in the document and no labels in the toc.
How can I achieve the opposite, means labels in the toc (like: Chapter 1, Appendix A, ...) but only the numbers in the document (like: 1 Chaptertitle, A Appendixtitle, ...)
\setuplist[chapter] [label=yes]
\setuplist[appendix][label=yes]

\setuphead[chapter] [bodypartlabel=]
\setuphead[appendix][appendixlabel=]

The names of the keys are

- frontpartlabel,
- bodypartlabel,
- appendixlabel and
- backpartlabel

Wolfgang

Reviczky, Adam
2011-04-22 14:36:57 UTC
Post by Wolfgang Schuster
The names of the keys are
- frontpartlabel,
- bodypartlabel,
- appendixlabel and
- backpartlabel
Appreciate!

I've added this to the wiki, because I had a look at it earlier on but didn't find anything regarding the labels in setuphead.

Adam
Wolfgang Schuster
2011-04-22 19:35:48 UTC